The three most important things in pest control are, clean, clean, clean! Pests HATE clean and especially the products you use to clean with.
Below is a list of 12 items that you should do today to help prevent a pest problem tomorrow!
- Clean up leftover food
- Wash all dirty dishes after each meal
- Store all food in tightly sealed containers
- Discard any infested materials or food items
- Don’t leave pet food bowls full of food
- Keep refrigerators, stoves and microwaves clean and free of spills
- Take trash out daily and away from the building
- Keep areas dry by removing standing waters and items that are wet or have been damaged by water
- Rid yourself of clutter
- Vacuum once a day
- Don’t prop open doors, windows or screens
- Avoid the use of shelf paper